Arrangements from various events this week. More to come!
Sometimes I forget to breathe. Sometimes it feels like I've been holding my breath for weeks.
Wedding season is in full swing and I had no idea what I was in for. Often challenging. Always rewarding. Sometimes illuminating.
10 Things to consider when you're a newbee,
1. When you estimate three hours to make 6 bouquets, twenty odd boutonnieres and corsages, thirty five centre pieces and two large arrangements- tack on another ten to fifteen hours and you might be close.
2. Eat something... and breathe.
3. Don't plan on doing anything else that week end, even if it is a ten second phone call to a friend. You will neglect your loved ones. Even if they just had surgery on their foot. ; >
4. Hug your boyfriend while you're sleeping because that's the closest you'll get to him in the 48 hours surrounding the wedding.
6. Pack everything as if you're carrying fine crystals that will adorn the Queen, her last request as she breathes her final breath. Dude, you don't want to screw that up.
7. Eat something again... and breathe.
8. Drink a crisp white zinfandel to get you through all those carpel tunnel inducing boutonnieres. Wild Vines will do just fine.
9. Pray again... and breathe.
10. Hire an amazing woman who can do it all effortlessly, and enjoys drinking on the job too! One glass, we're professionals!
A very special thank you to Kerri and Meesha for doing such an amazing job here in the shop. You'll be seeing a new face here and there. Don't be frightened, change is good.
Remember to breathe.